PUTTING THE WHOLE, IN WHOLE MILK
Promiks is a vitamin and mineral supplement to be added to whole milk to make up for those nutrients which are lacking in whole milk. Promiks is the solution for producers who have excess whole milk on farm, or a desire to feed whole milk, but don’t want to sacrifice calf health and growth. This supplement is easy to mix in to whole milk before feeding, to ensure calves are receiving the essential nutrients they need to grow healthy and strong. It also contains Grober Pro-Gro™ to promote a healthy gut environment, and DOSTO® Oregano to promote feed intake, digestion and growth.
- Excess whole milk on farm
- Preference to feed whole milk
- Looking to supplement mineral and vitamin requirements for immune support, metabolism, and growth
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Easy to mix into whole milk
- Pro-Gro™ package for good gut health
- DOSTO® Oregano to promote feed intake, digestion & growth
- Source of essential vitamins and minerals deficient in whole milk
- Don’t forget about B vitamin requirements for young calves! As the rumen is not yet developed, B vitamins produced by rumen microbes are likely very low
- Fetal reserves (i.e. body stores at birth) can vary, with some reserves such as iron, becoming depleted before calf starter intake is significant enough
- Calf requirements have been set in the NRC 2001, however, these are requirements to avoid signs of vitamin/mineral deficiency, whereas conditions on farm (health challenge, thermal stress, hygiene, etc.) may increase requirement
Calf Requirement (NRC)
|Copper||0.1 ppm||10 ppm||10 ppm|
|Iron||3 ppm||40 ppm||120 ppm|
|Zinc||30 ppm||40 ppm||140 ppm|
|Vitamin D||307 IU/Kg||600 IU/Kg||5000 IU/Kg|
|Vitamin E||8 IU/Kg||50 IU/Kg||245 IU/Kg|
|Thiamin||3.8 ppm||6.5 ppm||15 ppm|
|Vitamin B12||0.04 ppm||0.07 ppm||0.10 ppm|
MIXING & FEEDING DIRECTIONS
- Directions for use must be carefully followed! Toxicity a concern if not.
- Maximum 5g of Promiks per 1L of whole milk to be fed
- Mix directly into warm whole milk. Recommended to add after pasteurization, if done.
Suggested Feeding Schedule (as appears on tag)
Promiks Supplement per Feeding
Litres per Feeding
|Week 8 (weaning)||10-20g||2-4L|
Note: Promiks is not a whole milk balancer or extender, and will not significantly increase the percentage of milk solids.