- For artificially Rearing Newborn Cougar, Lion, Tiger and Cheetah Cubs.
- Supplement Feeding of Large Litters
- Measure 250-300g of powder per litre of solution. (A scale provides a best precision)
- Mix with 0.5 litre hot water (60°C) for 3 minutes using a good whisk or a paint mixer
- Add 0.25 litre cold water and mix for 1 minute (Total 1 litre)
- Feed The milk solution at a temperature of 38-40°C (thermometer provides best results)
Solids Content Recommendations
If at all possible newborns should receive colostrum (first mother’s milk) in the first 24 hours. This will provide antibodies necessary to provide protection against future infections.
- Always boil water before reconstituting the Wild CatGro. Allow cooling time
- Reconstituted Wild CatGro should be fed at 38-39°C (body temperature). Use a thermometer
- Do not microwave. Warm bottle in a hot water bath
- Clean ALL feeding utensils and equipment after each feeding: rinse in lukewarm water, wash with a detergent in hot (80°C) water, rinse with clean water (ideally a weak bleach solution) and dry thoroughly with a ‘clean’ towel
- Reconstituted Wild CatGro may be refrigerated up to 24 hours
- Discard any unused portion after 24 hours
- Observe stool consistency to monitor concentration of milk being fed
- If stools become too firm consult your veterinarian or nutritionist for advice
- Monitor weight regularly to guarantee that they are consuming enough Wild Cat-Gro
- If cats are not gaining enough weight consult your veterinarian
- If cubs are crying excessively, they may not be getting enough to eat or they may be too cold
- Cubs need assistance to help urinate and defecate for the first 2 weeks of life after each feeding. You need to assist by using a warm moist cotton ball and massaging the cub’s abdomen and anal area until they urinate and or defecate
- You must be persistent, this is very important to the kittens well being
- Consult your veterinarian for any signs of disease, fever, parasites, or irregulars
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, starting at 3 weeks of age
NOTE: Store this product in a cool dry location, protected from the sun. To maintain freshness, keep partially used bag closed tightly after opening.
CAUTION: Directions for use must be carefully followed.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER: Because individual results may vary due to management, environment, genetic, health and sanitation differences, Grober Inc. and its distributors do not warrant or guarantee individual results.
To learn more or to order any of our zoological products, please contact us.